Cibo Abrasives Unitised Range Update
Who are Cibo Abrasives?
Based between Antwerp and Brussels in Belgium, Cibo Abrasives are one of the most technically innovative and professional manufacturers of nonwoven and coated abrasive products. Many of the latest advances in stainless steel sanding and polishing such as the Rapid Combi Discs, the Trizact grip systems and fillet weld grinding tools developed using unitised abrasive discs have come from the Cibo technical team. Today Cibo continue to innovate.
Bringing the unitised abrasive manufacturing ‘in house’ has allowed Cibo Abrasives not only to guarantee the quality and consistency of production but has also enabled the development of new and exciting products which will continue to push metal finish systems forward.
What are Unitised Abrasives?
In very simple terms unitised abrasives are made from a continuous open web nylon material which is impregnated with resin and abrasives to create a whole family of abrasive products. The wide difference in the unitised performance characteristics comes from changes to the fleece structure, the various resin systems and the type and grade of abrasive used in each product.
Cibo Abrasives Launch Four New Unitised Product Families
With the continuing innovation and product development Cibo have now created four distinct product families, each with their own particular characteristics.
FA Unitised Range:
With a soft and very flexible action combined with an open structure add a whole new dimension to unitised abrasive finishing.
- Use the FA4 for paint stripping and coating removal
- Use the FA3, FA4 or FA5 for structural finishing and weld discolouration removal.
- Type 27 Grinder discs (FAG 115mm and 125mm)
- spindle mounted wheels(FAUS)
- discs (50 to 200mm)
- Lockit & Socatt quick change
SA Unitised Range:
If you have worked with Cibo unitised abrasives then you will already be familiar with the grey SA5, SA6 and SA7 materials. SA5 is great for removing scratches and damage to leave a pre-polished finish on stainless steel.
- Use the SA5 material for light deburring, scratch removal and pre-polishing
- Use the SA6 material for tig weld removal on aluminium and non-ferrous metals
- Use the SA7 material for removal of fine tig welds
- Type 27 Grinder discs (SAG)
- Spindle mounted wheels(SAUS)
- Spindle mounted points (SAUS)
- Discs (50 to 200mm) (SA)
- Lockit (QLSA) & Socatt (QSSA) quick change
MA Unitised Range:
More aggressive than the SA unitised range and with a slightly coarser finish but with the same conformability options the MA family adds a whole new range of products to the Cibo Abrasives range.
- Use the MA5 if you like the SA5 but would like a little more of a satin finish in the metal
- Use the MA8 to replace the SA8 in all applications for tig weld removal
- Type 27 Grinder discs (MAG)
- Spindle mounted wheels (MAUS)
- Spindle mounted points
- Discs (50 to 200mm)
- Lockit (QLMA) & Socatt (QSMA) quick change
TA Unitised Range:
An evolution of the new high aggression Cibo ‘red discs’. Where speed of cut is needed and a good finish is still required.
- Use TA9 where a heavier weld build leaves the SA8 wearing a bit too quickly
- Use TA10 where there is a lot more weld build and high aggression Tig weld removal is needed. It will still leave a surprisingly fine 150 / 180 grit finish on the metal. The high aggression means that mig weld grinding and finishing is now a great option with TA10.
- Type 27 Grinder discs (TAG)
- Spindle mounted points (TAUS)
- Discs (50 to 200mm) (TA)
Which New Unitised Products Do I Need To Try?
On Angle Grinders: Try the…
- MAG/6/115 or MAG/6/125 if you want to do some weld shaping or edge deburring and need to leave a clean finish. When the SAG discs don’t remove enough metal.
- MAG/5/115 or MAG/5/125 for cleaning and scratch removal where you need to blend with a fine satin finish. Similar to SAG/5 but with a faster and a little coarser finish.
- FAG/4/115 or FAG/4/115 if you need to remove paint from steel or aluminium panels. Similar to ‘stripping discs’ but with a much finer finish.
On Drills & Straight Grinders: Try the…
- FAUS wheels in whatever size and shape you need. We have included a simplified range of products in our initial stock offering: FAUS grade 3 in sizes 50 x 25 x 6mm, 80 x 25 x 6mm and 80 x 50 x 6mm. FAUS grade 4 in sizes 50 x 25 x 6mm, 80 x 25 x 6mm and 80 x 50 x 6mm. When Tex / TS wheels wear out too quickly.
On Fillet weld grinders: Try the….
- MA/5/T31 to replace the SA/5/T31 for weld discolouration removal leaving a fine satin finish
- MA/8/T30 and MA/8/T31 to directly replace SA/8 discs
- TA/10/T30 (4mm wide) and TA/10/T31 (6mm wide) for high aggression fillet weld grinding.