New:Extra Long Spindle Tungsten Carbide Burrs
Having received lots of enquiries for extra long spindles on our range of Tungsten Carbide Burrs here is the AFS response. Our new range of extra long carbide burrs. Available in 8, 10mm & 12mm diameters, the burrs are mounted on a 150mm spindle.
Access won’t be an issue anymore as all the new burrs have a 150mm shank giving a total reach of over 160mm. Moreover we have specified the diamond cut head to ensure a great cut and lifetime in the toughest of applications. With the same high quality performance expected from the current AFS carbide burr range, the new extra long shank carbide burrs are excellent for use on wood carvings, plastics and automotive engineering.
Extra Long Burr Shapes available:
- C Shape – Bull nose carbide burr – 8mm diameter
- D Shape – Ball shaped carbide burr – 10mm diameter
- F Shape – Rounded tree carbide burr – 8mm diameter
- F Shape – Rounded tree carbide burr – 10mm diameter
Newly added to the range in 2020 is the ‘N’ shape inverted cone carbide burr:
Need to grind under an edge? The inverted cone allows you to grind a bevel on the back face of your carvings or metal fabrication.
- N Shape – Inverted cone – 12mm diameter
Where Would I use Extra Long Carbide Burrs?
The most common request for longer burrs came from two markets in particular.
- Wood carvers commonly need access into long, or deep holes which need shaping out. With an extra 60mm of reach then the new burrs have made the carvers job much easier.
- Motor Sport. The second area where access was a particular problem was in engine repair applications where it is often necessary to re-weld a cracked head but then there is a need to dress out and re-shape the welded area. Feedback we have received from the motor sport fraternity is that the extra long shank burs do precisely what they need.