Cibo RCD Medium grade 115mm rapid combi disc is the most popular grade.
Use the RCD medium flap disc on any stainless steel tube tig weld operation to completely remove the tig weld and leave a perfect 240 grit satin finish in one action. n.b. If you have not used the RCD before it is definitely worth watching the video on the product category pages.
The RCD discs break all the traditional sanding rules.
– Feel free to dwell on the weld, you will have to work very hard to undercut the weld or flat spot the metal
– Sand with the grain instead of across it. This will create the sanding lines parallel with your tube (the way you need them).
– Work at low pressure and slow speed. Let the RCD disc do the work.
Used a sanding disc before the RCD?
– Use the RCD Medium to take out all the flat spots and damage you didn’t want to put in in the first place.
– The Medium RCD will remove all the damage and restore a perfect finish to your tube.
Need a 320 grit finish?
– Just lick over the RCD Medium finish with the SAG 5 115mm disc or the Very Fine RCd flap disc
What to go to mirror polish?
Stage 1: Remove weld with the RCD Medium
Stage 2: Refine with the RCD very fine
Stage 3: Pre-polish with the SAG grade 5
Stage 4: Polish with the VAP Z felt disc and our PV/101 polish
The Cibo RCD Flap Disc allows you to grind down weld seams and provide a flawless finish in a single operation. This revolutionary and universally patented product consists of two complementary abrasive materials which provide fantastic results in one single product. In the past, an experienced grinder required at least three operations to completely remove a weld seam. Now you can complete this task in one single step.
Properties: A perfect match between two technically advances abrasive materials with varying abrasive capacities.
– Surface Conditioning with a very rapid and even grinding capacity
– Polycotton extra flexible abrasive cloth with grinding aids
– Even wear of both the Surface Conditioning and the abrasive cloth
– Shock reducing effect
– Controlled material removal
– Even finish
– Constant and low Ra-value
– Improved finish, even for inexperienced users
– Lower heat generation
– Enormous time savings, only one operations instead if three
– Significant cost savings
– Can be used in a wide variety of applications: stainless steel, aluminium, special alloys, soft metals, wood, auto repair, ect.
– Eco-friendly as less waste is created
RCD Discs = Three Discs in One!