RCD Very Fine 125mm combination flap discs.
Easily has the power to remove fine tig welds on stainless steel had rails to leave a 320 grit satin finish in one action. If the weld is a little heavier then we recommend sanding the weld with the RCD 125mm Medium disc first.
n.b. If you have not used the RCD before it is definitely worth watching the video on the product category pages.
The RCD discs break all the traditional sanding rules.
– Feel free to dwell on the weld, you will have to work very hard to undercut the weld or flat spot the metal
– Sand so you create the sanding lines parallel with your tube (yes we know it feels weird at first) and then you want need to do another sanding process afterwards to change the direction of the sanding lines.
Want to go to mirror polish?
Stage 1: Remove weld with the RCD Medium (or go straight to stage 2)
Stage 2: Refine with the RCD very fine
Stage 3: Pre-polish with the SAG grade 5
Stage 4: Polish with the VAP Z felt disc and our PV/101 polish
The Cibo RCD Flap Disc allows you to grind down weld seams and provide a flawless finish in a single operation. This revolutionary and universally patented product consists of two complementary abrasive materials which provide fantastic results in one single product. In the past, an experienced grinder required at least three operations to completely remove a weld seam. Now you can complete this task in one single step.
Properties: A perfect match between two technically advances abrasive materials with varying abrasive capacities.
– Surface Conditioning with a very rapid and even grinding capacity
– Polycotton extra flexible abrasive cloth with grinding aids
– Even wear of both the Surface Conditioning and the abrasive cloth
– Shock reducing effect
– Controlled material removal
– Even finish
– Constant and low Ra-value
– Improved finish, even for inexperienced users
– Lower heat generation
– Enormous time savings, only one operations instead if three
– Significant cost savings
– Can be used in a wide variety of applications: stainless steel, aluminium, special alloys, soft metals, wood, auto repair, ect.
– Eco-friendly as less waste is created
RCD Discs = Three Discs in One!