Cibo Finipower: The Variable Speed Grinder With Wheels
With it’s versatility, range of accessories and solid reliability the Finipower SMMS6 variable speed angle grinder is the machine of choice for grinding, finishing and polishing. Stainless steel, non ferrous metal, it does everything. So why, how and when should you use the Finipower variable speed grinders?
Consider using a cutting tool. When drilling different metals it is standard practice to change the drill speed to ensure effective use of the drill. An abrasive is no different. It is a cutting tool attached to a grinder.
The Finipower variable speed angle grinders allows you to control the speed. Reducing the grinder speed will in turn reduce the heat of your workpiece, improve the life of your abrasive and give a better quality finish. They are versatile machines which can be used for grinding, satin finishing and mirror polishing various materials with a range of attachments.
So What Can Attach to the Finipower?
The short answer is almost anything. With a range of different fittings you can cut, grind, finish and polish with your Finipower.
- Polishing mops. Normally fitted using the M14 tapered thread fitting.
- Unitised wheels. Most commonly with flanged thread fitting.
- Abrasive cloth flap wheels. Most commonly with flanged thread fitting or directly onto the machine with an M14 mounting.
There are three different options, all of which screw directly onto the Finipower:
- Tapered spindle (Part no: MH/T1) – This includes polishing mops, some unitised wheels for polishing, weld discolouration removal and finishing. To prevent damage to the gear head we specify a maximum recommended width 25mm and a maximum recommended diameter 150mm.
- Spindle extension attachment (Part numbers: MH/D1, MH/D2 + MH/D3). With an M14 spindle extension attachment any abrasive wheel or brush up to a maximum 50mm diameter can be fitted onto a parallel shaft including unitised wheels, cloth abrasive flap brushes and a range of other tools.
- Brushes and wheels fitted directly onto the M14 thread. Cibo have developed an extensive range of wheels and brushes manufactured to include an M14 fitting so they can be screwed directly onto the grinder. Maximum available width 50mm.
Hints and Tips
1. Recommended operational speeds for your Finipower:
- High power grinding including with coarse flap discs – 6,000 rpm
- Medium aggression sanding such as traditional sanding discs and Rapid Combi Discs – 3,500 to 5,000 rpm
- Finishing and pre-polishing – 3,000 to 4,000 rpm
2. To prevent any shaft fixed onto the grinder from binding to the metal face of the grinder shaft we recommend that whenever possible you keep the disc backing flange on the machine when attaching any mandrels or other wheels.
n.b. Appropriate PPE and other safety wear should be used at all times.