FinitEasy Hand Held Fillet Weld Grinder
The Cibo FinitEasy Fillet Weld Grinder: The original and best tool for rapid finishing & polishing of fillet welds & Tig welds.
How to mirror polish a stainless steel fillet weld with the Cibo FinitEasy:
- Quickly grind out & pre-polish the fillet weld with the Cibo GA 8 Combi unitised discs
- Mirror polish the weld with felt non-abrasive discs and our PV/102 soaps.
Or need to remove weld discolouration and leave a semi-bright polished finish?
- A simple one-step process with the FinitEasy & our SA5 or MA5 unitised discs.
The FinitEasy can grind finish & polish in all those diffcult to reach corners.
- Easier Processing. Faster Finishing. Brighter Polishing. FinitEasy.
For more information check out our FAQ’s at the bottom of the page
FinitEasy Hand Held Fillet Weld Grinder FAQs
What comes with the FinitEasy machine?
We always supply the FinitEasy in a sturdy metal carrying case. It is available in a kit with an extensive selection of consumables or as a machine on it's own.
At AFS we recommend you buy the machine on it's own and then buy one of the Cibo Time Saving Kits dependent on what you are looking to achieve.
- Either the Cibo Time Saving Kit for satin finished fillet welds (TSK/02)
- Or the Cibo Time Saving Kit for Mirror Polished fillet welds (TSK/05).
Our full range of fillet weld grinding discs, including the brand new patented Combi Unitised discs can be found here.
Can I use cutting discs or flap discs on the FinitEasy machine?
Yes. We have many customers who regularly use the Finit-Easy with cutting discs. The FinitEasy is supplied with a reversible backing flange. On one side is a flange to fit 25.4mm discs such as the unitised discs, flip it over for the 22mm flange which fits flap discs, cutting discs and a whole other range of abrasive products.
It is also worth considering the Finit-All machine. With the narrow planetary gear head, it has a higher maximum speed than the Finit-Easy which will improve the speed of cut and is better suited for use with cutting discs.
Can I get an air tool version of the FinitEasy machine?
Yes, Cibo can mount the FinitEasy onto a high power air tool. Contact AFS for more information.
What is the best speed to run the FinitEasy fillet weld grinder at?
The FinitEasy is primarily designed for stainless steel finishing, so you can use the machine at any speed and achieve great results. However, in our experience, running the machine between 3 - 4,000 RPM is ideal for most weld removal and finishing processes. For mirror finishing, you may wish to increase the speed a little.
- How do I remove a stainless steel fillet weld with the FinitEasy?
Which product should I use to put a mirror polished finish on a stainless steel fillet weld with a fillet weld grinder?
Acheive a mirror polished finish on stainless steel fillet welds with the Cibo FinitEasy fillet weld grinder.
Stage 1: Remove the tig weld and put a fine, blended satin finish on the tube with the GA/7/T31 combination unitised discs
Stage 2: Polish and blend the sanding lines from the GA7 disc with a felt disc and the PV/102 polishing compound.
What is a fillet weld grinder?
Another Cibo Innovation.
Fillet weld grinders were first developed by Cibo 20 years ago as an extension to the head of an angle grinder. The aim was to allow easy access into narrow gaps where a fillet weld has been laid.
For most mig weld applications, the weld does not need to be ground out. However, in high quality stainless steel welds, removing the fillet weld to create a smooth finish is an important aspect of the process. This is why 15 years ago Cibo invented the fillet weld grinder.
But Cibo didn't stop there. The Cibo FinitEasy has been the subject of continuous development since then. The FinitEasy was, and still is the best fillet weld grinder on the market.
What products are available for fillet weld grinding?
Cibo innovation does not stop at developing world leading machinery. Abrasives are Cibo's core technology, and in the past 5 years, Cibo have created a whole new range of unitised abrasive wheels and discs for fillet weld grinding.
Follow the links below to see the key fillet weld grinding & polishing disc ranges:
- GA Combi Discs - the latest Cibo innovation. One disc will remove the fillet weld and leave a finish ready for bright polishing.
- SA & MA unitised range. The original fillet weld grinding disc range (plus a number of new Cibo family addtions to make your life easier).
- TA10 unitised - another new addition to the fillet weld grinding range. The TA10 discs have a faster cut and a longer life than any other fillet weld grinding disc on the market.
- Unitised Fillet weld grinding disc range. Click this link to see the whole range of products in one category.